Lead is a chemical element with the symbol Pb and the atomic number 82.It is a heavy metal that is denser than most common materials. Lead is soft and malleable, and also has a relatively low melting point. When fresh-cut, the lead is silver plated with a. Lead, a natural metal, is found abundantly throughout the Earth.
It has been used in a wide variety of products including gasoline, paint, plumbing, ceramics, soldering, batteries and even cosmetics. Lead poisoning occurs when lead builds up in the body, often for months or years. Even small amounts of lead can cause serious health problems. Children under the age of 6 are especially vulnerable to lead poisoning, which can seriously affect mental and physical development.
At very high levels, lead poisoning can be fatal. Lead is a natural element found in small quantities in the Earth's crust. It was used in many products to stabilize things such as paints, varnishes, gasoline, plastics, etc. However, lead is toxic to humans and animals.
Using lead in products that children and adults have immediate access to can cause lead poisoning. Lead is a toxic metal that was once regularly used in the manufacture of common household products and gasoline. There is no safe level of exposure to lead, 1 Lead is a natural element and, unlike many pollutants, does not go away over time. Lead poisoning occurs when too much lead enters the body.
Lead can enter through the skin or when a person breathes in or eats or drinks something contaminated with lead. Lead in the body can damage the brain, kidneys, and other organs.